• It’s best to practice on an empty stomach.
Trying to do yoga right after mealtime will hinder your practice. In order for your body to twist and hop into poses, the stomach can't be digesting something heavy. Eat a light snack/meal 1–2 hours before a hot class. Fruit, granola/protein bars, or half a peanut butter sandwich are good options. Think light!
• Come well-hydrated and avoid caffeinated products (including green and black teas) a few hours prior to a hot class. Caffeine dehydrates the body and can increase heart-rate.
• Wear clothing that is comfortable to move, stretch, and sweat in. Materials that breathe and wick away moisture are most suitable.
• Shoes and socks are not worn in class. (You may wear socks, but please be aware that you may slip and slide.)
• Bring a yoga mat
• Blocks, straps, and bolsters are provided for your use. If you prefer your own props, please feel free to bring them.
• Please ensure your mat & clothing are fresh & clean.
• Please refrain from wearing scented deodrants or perfumes.
• Let me know about any medical conditions/injuries and be sure to tell me it's your first time!
Above all, enjoy your practice!